Hey Lucy! Tell us a little about yourself and your apprenticeship with Multiverse (your organisation, when you started, when you are due to finish and what programme you are undertaking)?

Hi I am Lucy, I am 19 years old and from Haslemere, Surrey. I have only recently joined the Multiverse programme as well as my current role (Junior PMO Analyst for Capgemini) Capgemini, is a information technology services and consulting company. I am currently working on multiple projects for the client, my role involves me to create and update contracts for each project in the commercials. 

I joined the Multiverse community on the 15th February. The apprenticeship I am doing is the APM qualification, also known as Association for Project Management. I am due to finish this qualification in March 2022. 

How have you found it so far? 

I have found this apprenticeship to be quite enjoyable. I am able to balance my apprenticeship work as well as my objectives/tasks for my company. I really enjoy the buddy programme within Multiverse. I have met two great women and shared some useful tips on revision and the modules within Multiverse, as well as networking and getting to know them!

My only struggle is that I have never been into the Multiverse office nor the offices for Capgemini due to COVID-19. I have found this to be a struggle as I have never met any of my team and it can feel lonely working in my room at home. 

Tell us about some of the key learnings and skills your Multiverse apprenticeship has equipped you with that you apply to your role?

The main key skills I have got from my Multiverse apprenticeship is not being afraid to speak out and throw myself into things. This is mainly thanks to my coach and the buddy programme. Both of these have really helped boost my confidence and motivated me to get involved with events at my company, for example I am speaking at Capgemini’s Apprenticeship and Graduate On-boarding. 

A learning skill that the Multiverse apprenticeship has equipped me with is learning a solid way to revise the content. I have always struggled to revise throughout school especially during my A-levels. I never learnt a way that helped me to retain the knowledge. However, after a few 1-2-1 coaching sessions I have now got a revision method that helps me to remember the content as well as examples!

How has being a part of the Multiverse Community helped you so far? (any memorable moments etc)

As I said previously, the Multiverse community has really boosted my confidence. I feel like I can handle any task set by my coach or my company. One memorable moment for me is getting my grade back on my first module. I was apprehensive of how it would go as I had been out of college for a year and hadn’t been doing anything in regards to academia. However, to my surprise I did well on the whole of the module and my coach said how impressed she was of me!

A Multiverse apprenticeship aims to deliver skills of lifelong learning, networking, and opportunities to connect with like-minded individuals. How are you using the Community to help you in your career? 

Again, as previously said I have been using the buddy programme to increase my networking and connecting with other apprentices of all ages!

Finally, what are your top 3 tips for other Multiverse apprentices?

Tip no.1 - Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there!

Tip no.2 - Take advantage of all the opportunities you can as it can help you with both networking as well as your actual apprenticeship.

Tip no.3 - Keep yourself organised - have a diary with important dates such as your exams as this will really help you out in the long run 

Other news