(2 min read time)

Loy's nomination from Project Management Coach, Harry Cunningham

Hey Loy! Congratulations on winning Member of the Month - could you tell us a little bit about your background, what apprenticeship you are doing & where you work?

I am presently on the APM (Project Management) course and loving it.  By day, I am a Project Officer for the Bi-borough Legal Services for the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, and Westminster City Council.  By night, I’m the Event Lead for the WCC BAME Network.   

So, how do you feel about winning Member of the Month? Can you tell us a bit about your nomination? E.g who you were nominated by and why?

It’s truly an honour to be awarded Member of the Month.  

My Coach, Harry Cunningham kindly nominated me for my project work on Windrush Day 2021.  This consisted of the installation of a green plaque in Paddington Station, a documentary, cultural market and an artefact exhibition, which has now been postponed until Windrush Day 2022.  I was shocked to learn of the nomination but ultimately quite pleased.  

The Multiverse Community gives Apprentices the opportunity to build meaningful, social and professional relationships. Have you found the Community has helped you to build your network throughout your Apprenticeship and if so, how?

Harry has been extremely supportive throughout the life cycle of my project.  As a result, I have benefited from his years as a project manager and as a coach.  

I have also had the pleasure of colleagues from my APM cohort joining in the Windrush Project.  It’s great to have individuals with a shared experience in both the course and project.   

What has been the most rewarding experience you’ve had so far as an apprentice?

By an incredible stroke of good fortune, as we cover a new topic in the course, I am able to apply it to my project work.  For instance, the module  covering the business case came just as I was writing my business case.  The same with project planning,  financial modeling, risk assessment, quality assurance, and so on.  It has been rewarding to apply course based material directly to my project work.  

Other news