Progressing Onto My Second Apprenticeship - Aiste Adomaityte

(3 min read time)

Hi Aiste! Can you start off by setting the scene for us - what were you doing before your apprenticeship?

I am currently on the Level 6 Digital & Technology Solutions apprenticeship (advanced data fellowship) with Mutliverse. Before this I completed the Level 4 Data Analytics apprenticeship, also with Multiverse. Prior to starting my apprenticeships I finished my A-levels and worked as a barista for a while, and then in mobile app marketing, before finding Multiverse and starting an apprenticeship with them. 

And so how did you find Multiverse or how did they find you? What was your journey to an apprenticeship?

I found Multiverse online while researching apprenticeship providers. I registered my interest online and then had a call to discuss my interest, strengths and career options. From this I was adviced a few apprenticeship courses that could suit me and I decided that Data Analytics would be the best suited for me, so I applied and started interviews with potential employers. 

And what was about your first apprenticeship that made you want to progress onto a second? 

I had a fantastic time with Multiverse in my first apprenticeship, and I wanted to continue my education, so staying with Multiverse was an obvious option for me, as long as there was an option to progress into higher education. As I finished my Level 4 apprenticeship, the Level 6 one was released, which was fantastic timing as it meant that I could apply straight away and continue on with my education with the same provider and employer. There were other providers offering the same course but Multiverse had the option of skipping the first year of the advanced apprenticeship since I already did the Level 4 which was great! However, in general I love Multiverse’s teaching style, the level of support provided and the content delivered. I think it's great and suits me well, so it was a no-brainer to stay and continue. 

Now looking at the practicalities of progressing from one apprenticeship to the next, how did you approach this with your line manager and Multiverse?

I was first informed on the option of the higher apprenticeship from my coach and she suggested that it would be a great option for me. So then I discussed this with my line manager and clarified that this is something that I would like to do. We then had a call all together to discuss the more technical and detailed aspects of the course, requirements and application process. My line manager had to raise this within the business to get approval before proceeding and once all was approved we moved forward with multiverse and got started with all the official paperwork etc. 

Did you face any obstacles during this process? How did you overcome these?

Fortunately I did not face any obstacles during this process. It was very smooth and quick and I was able to progress into the higher apprenticeship within weeks of finishing my Level 4.

What would be your advice for anyone currently thinking of progressing onto another apprenticeship?
I would make sure to do plenty of research, especially if progressing into a higher level apprenticeship. This is because a higher level apprenticeship involves a lot more work and commitment, so it is important to understand fully if the course will be right for you. I would also make sure that you will have enough resources and projects at work that will be related to the course syllabus. This is because a lot of the time, in assignments, you have to write about current projects at work that relate to the topic being studied. To summarise I would advise to do plenty of research, to not rush into it, and be 100% sure that this commitment will be right for you. 

A Multiverse apprenticeship aims to deliver skills of lifelong learning, networking, and opportunities to connect with like-minded individuals. How are you using the Community to help you in your career? 

I must admit that I have not been able to be as involved with the community as I would like to due to my increased workload, but whenever I can I try to get involved in the network chats on the community hub, and also sign up to the many events hosted by Multiverse. I have attended a lot of events in the past including talks, panels and workshops. One of my favourites has been the public speaking workshop that really helped my presenting skills at work. 

Other news