(2 Min Read)

Hey Kenya! Tell us a little about yourself and your apprenticeship with Multiverse?

My role is a public health digital marketing apprentice and I started in June 2021 after applying through the platform, it feels like I’ve been here for such a long time. In my role I focus on looking at how people getting back into routine after COVID, health and wellbeing and how to stop smoking. I really gelled with the team quite quickly and I was surprised at this, usually it takes me a little longer but they’ve really taken me on and engaged with me. I’ve been a part of a lot of major campaigns, the one I’m working at the moment is revamping a website, so not only am I applying my learnings from my apprenticeship by getting to market the website, I’ve been developing my project management skills as well. Multiverse have really helped me in my role, I’ve been using my notes from the bootcamps to apply everyday, as well as using my own research and analysis.

How have you found it so far? 

I’ve done a level 2 business administration apprenticeship before but it was very different but when I compare the two, Multiverse is a lot more intense, that being meant in a positive way not a negative. My other apprenticeship didn’t have the Community element and didn’t ensure that us apprentices had a network, you had your role, your task and your portfolio and you just had to get on with it. Whereas with Multiverse you’ve got the Community, your accountability partner in your cohort, your entire cohort, your coach and your objectives to name a few! I did not have that in my last apprenticeship and I wish I did. 

Tell us about some of the key learnings and skills your Multiverse apprenticeship has equipped you with that you apply to your role?

I would say research and analysis is the learning I currently use the most on the projects I am working on at the moment. I’ve also been using tools that I learnt about through my boot camps such as MailChimp, Google Pagespeed and Analytical Data, I know that if I hadn’t been given access to these tools through Multiverse I wouldn’t have known where to start.

How has being a part of the Multiverse Community helped you so far?

I’ve signed up to a lot of events, I went to Staying Energised and Avoid Burning Out, it was really informative. I found this really useful as I often feel really energised in the morning and then by the afternoon I can start to feel sluggish. I also found The Digital Marketing Forum a really insightful session, it was led by previous digital marketing apprentices or apprentices near the end of the programme and it was so interesting to see their job prospects and what they’d gone on to do post apprenticeship.

Finally, what are your top 3 tips for other Multiverse apprentices?

1. Get involved as much as you can
  2. Always ask for help 
  3. Network! Even just a small conversation

Other news