Shaliza Anjum

Every month we celebrate the success of one apprentice. Shaliza Anjum is our Apprentice of the Month for July 2020. We caught up with Shaliza to find out a bit more about her journey, successes and plans for the future.  

1) Tell us a bit about yourself and your background including what apprenticeship you do, where you work, how long you’ve been doing your apprenticeship, the journey you took to getting there etc?

Hi! My Name is Shaliza. I am 22 years old and I am currently working at Tide as a Finance Apprentice. Prior to being a Finance apprentice, I was a full-time volunteer; fundraising for cancer research and working with children with special needs. Initially, I wanted to study ACCA, but once I saw what WhiteHat was doing I was astonished and wanted to join as an Accounting apprentice. It has been the best decision for me.

2) How do you feel about being awarded the Apprentice of the Month?
I am truly grateful to be awarded the apprentice of the month. This has invigorated my confidence and I shall strive towards continuous improvement.

3) What advice would you give to other apprentices?

My advice to new apprentices would be to understand that mistakes are never to be taken negatively. Rather, comprehend that it always takes time for one to understand your work and the company on itself. Once you work on your mistakes, things only go in favour of you and spiral upwards. 

If you enjoyed this give it a thumbs up and hopefully you too could be in with the chance of being Apprentice of the Month for August. To have the chance of becoming Apprentice Of The Month your coach or line manager will nominate you.

Other news